Why Superintendent Development Program?
The New York State Superintendent Development Program is provided through the efforts of SUNY Oswego & Greater Southern Tier BOCES [LEA]. The program is the longest-running superintendent development program in New York State, with a proven track record over its 25-year history.
- Designed to prepare aspiring superintendents for the position of superintendent of schools
- Participants acquire a district-wide perspective on the K-12 school organization
- Appropriate for principals aspiring for district office positions
- Train to use systems thinking in areas critical to success as a superintendent
- Develop skills and behaviors essential to becoming a successful superintendent of schools
The New York State Superintendent Development Program is offered to individuals seeking to become superintendent of schools who:
- Possess or qualify for NYS School Building Leader (SBL), School District Business Leader (SDBL) or School District Leader (SDL) Certification
- Have a record of successful school leadership characterized by commitment to children and high ethical standards.
- Are recognized as possessing the potential to assume the responsibilities of the superintendent of schools.
- Complete the application process which includes submission of all required documents and a confidential interview with a superintendent faculty member.