Skip to main content

Transfer Aid

Make a smooth transition to SUNY Oswego. We’re committed to helping you navigate your financial aid options, ensuring you have the support you need to thrive as a new Laker. 

Contact Your Current Aid Office

Contact your current school’s financial aid office to ask about transfer policies. If you were awarded financial aid for the fall semester at the school you will no longer be attending, submit a written request to cancel your spring financial aid. If you have already enrolled for the spring semester but plan to transfer to SUNY Oswego, you may need to officially withdraw to avoid charges.

Send Us Your FAFSA Info

Eligible students will need to update your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to send your Federal Student Aid information to SUNY Oswego. If you are receiving a federal loan, you must cancel the loan with the school you are not attending and reapply at Oswego. We will not be able to process your new loan until the previous one has been cancelled. This process can take up to four weeks. You can add and delete school codes at using your FSA ID, or contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243 to make this request.

SUNY Oswego’s Federal School Code is 002848.

Send Us Your NYS Aid Info 

If you are eligible to receive New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funding or other NYS aid, you’ll need to send your NYS aid information to SUNY Oswego. Update your TAP School Code on the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website using your MyHESC Account. Review HESC’s additional information for transfer students.

SUNY Oswego’s TAP School Code is 0935.

Check For Status Updates 

Once you are accepted for admission, you will be able to check for financial aid award status updates by logging into the SUNY Oswego Applicant Portal

  • For Federal Aid, will receive a new FAFSA Submission Summary as a result of your corrected FAFSA. 
  • For New York State Aid, review the award notice from NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) to make sure SUNY Oswego is listed as the school you will be attending. 

You may receive a request for additional information, and to complete additional forms. Complete and submit all requested information to the Financial Aid Office.

Check Other Sources of Aid

If you are receiving outside scholarships, contact the scholarship donors to coordinate the transfer of funds, if the donors permit it.


Office of
Financial Aid

231 Sheldon Hall

Phone: 315-312-2248
Fax: 315-312-3696
Email: [email protected]
Staff Directory

Office hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone hours: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Appointments: Book Now