SUNY Vaccination Requirement
The SUNY Student COVID-19 Vaccine Policy remains in effect for the spring 2022 semester. All students who have any physical presence on campus are required to complete a full vaccine series. This includes students residing off-campus and coming to campus for class, activities, meeting up with friends/professors, etc. All Syracuse campus students must follow the same requirements.
Any student who fails to comply will be unenrolled and will no longer have access to any in-person campus activities, services, or resources including all Internet services sponsored by the college.
SUNY Booster Requirement
In addition to the initial course of vaccination, any SUNY Oswego student with an on-campus presence MUST receive a booster shot within 30 days of eligibility.
Individuals are eligible for a booster shot:
- 5 months after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines
- 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Once eligible for your booster, you will have 30 days from the eligibility date to "get boosted."
Schedule Vaccination/Booster and Submit Records
- To schedule your vaccination or a booster shot, find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you.
- SUNY Oswego will also post information on vaccine and booster clinics to be hosted on campus this spring to its vaccination clinics website when scheduled.
- Submit your COVID-19 vaccine records, including booster shots via the Medicat Patient Portal.
Any student may request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements on the basis of a medical or religious exemption. To receive an exemption, a student must meet very specific criteria. Students should submit their request for a medical exemption by completing and uploading an exemption request form located within the Medicat Patient Portal. Students should submit their request for a religious exemption to the Office of the Dean of Students. Exemption requests do not expire except in rare situations. A staff member will notify you if you fall in this category.