The Impact Scholars program supports students’ commitment to and capacity for sustained, informed, and deliberate community engagement.
Scholars will commit to:
- work in collaboration with community partners and a faculty sponsor to engage in a proposed project that addresses a community need
- design and implement a plan to learn and apply their coursework to address the need
- measure and understand the impact of their community engaged work
- identify and execute presentations of how their findings can help members of our community to better understand and navigate the world around them
Deadline: May 15
Note: Choose "Graduate Scholarship" as your new application
- Must be accepted into/applying for any graduate program at SUNY Oswego.
- 1 letter of recommendation from a faculty sponsor.
- 1 letter of endorsement from community partner.
- 500-word essay explaining the proposed project that will make a significant community impact and how the experience will help advance career goals. The essay should include the following components:
- project goals/objectives that identifies community need
- specific plan and its connection to your field of study
- measurement/assessment of the plan (How will we know it is successful?)
- timeline for implementation
- this statement: “In the event I am granted this award, I agree to complete the proposed project, present my findings in a public forum, and submit a final report to graduate studies.”