Skip to main content

Administrative Buildings

Select an option below to read more about the building's history, namesake, and facilities that are housed within.

commissary building

Type: Administrative

Commissary Building

Opened in 1966, the commissary building is located at the intersection of Mollison Street and Johnson Road, just off Route 104. The commissary building is one of just two SUNY Oswego non-athletic facilities located on the southern side of Route 104, with the other being the college’s maintenance building.

Culkin Hall

Type: Administrative

Culkin Hall

Culkin Hall was opened to the public in September 1967. It was originally intended for the general administration offices of the college and still functions as SUNY Oswego’s primary administrative building.

Fallbrook building

Type: Administrative

Fallbrook

The Fallbrook Recreation Center is owned and operated by SUNY Oswego Auxiliary Services, but is open to the public. The building is located on Thompson Road, about a mile and-a-half south of campus. The area, almost 190 acres in total, provides sanctuary and protection to local wildlife. 

King Hall

Type: Administrative

King Hall

Though King Hall was built in 1935, it came into use by the college in 1970. Today it is still occupied by the college, being used by Alumni Relations for offices and work functions. Not all of the Alumni Relations offices are housed there, but a majority of the department operates out of King.

Lee Hall

Type: Administrative

Lee Hall

Lee Hall opened as the “new” building for health and physical education in 1958. It was to replace the previous space used for health and physical education that was located in Sheldon Hall.

commissary building

Type: Administrative

Maintenance Building

The maintenance building, sometimes referred to as Building 12, was opened in 1965. It is located at the intersection of Mollison Street and Johnson Road, just off Route 104.

Mary Walker Health Center

Type: Administrative

Mary Walker Health Center

Opened in the 1965, the Mary Walker Health Center was designed by Rich and Associates, who were known for their designs of other buildings on campus, including Rich Hall.

one-room schoolhouse

Type: Administrative

One-Room Schoolhouse

The One Room Schoolhouse, also known the O’Mara Welcome Center, is located off Route 104, to the north of Romney Field House.

Parking Office

Type: Administrative

Parking Office

The Parking Office is located on Route 104, near the campus main entrance. In use by the college since 1996, the office provides services such as parking passes/information and bus schedules.

Romney Field House

Type: Administrative

Romney Field House

Built on the South Athletic Field and measuring 114,365 square-feet, Romney Field House provided the first ice rink for public use to the Oswego community. It opened to the public in 1962, charging 50 cents per person, or about $4 today.

Service building 20 garage

Type: Administrative

Service Building 20

Service Building 20, also known as Garage Building 20, is located on the east side of campus, behind Rich Hall, at the juncture of Sheldon Avenue and West Schuyler Street.

shady shore residence

Type: Administrative

Shady Shore

Shady Shore has served as the private residence on campus for the president of the college since 1909.

Sheldon Hall

Type: Administrative

Sheldon Hall

Sheldon Hall opened for public use in 1913 and was a reflection of the administration of Principal I.B. Poucher, who worked with
Dr. Edward Sheldon and carried on Sheldon’s legacy after his death.