Communication Studies faculty strongly recommend one or more internships during your college career at SUNY Oswego. Internships are academic programs tailored to the individual's specific interests and designed to fit within the student's academic schedule.
Internships may be completed in the Summer, Winter, Fall or Spring semesters. Below are three important reasons for doing an internship.
Internships provide you with an opportunity to:
- explore career paths to see if a particular field is right for you.
- create contacts and networking experiences
- earn credit hours that can count towards graduation
Recent internship opportunities
Below are some nationally recognized organizations where internships have been available to our students. Plus dozens of opportunities at regional and local newspapers, radio and television stations, cable networks, advertising agencies, not-for-profit organizations, political campaigns and more.
- NBC Television - The Conan O'Brien Show, The Today Show, Carson Daly, NBC News
- CBS Television - The Late Night Show with David Letterman, The Young and the Restless
- NBC Sports - The Summer Olympics
- MTV Networks - Real World
- Time-Warner - CNN News Network, News 10 Now, RNEWS Rochester
- Madison Square Gardens -MSG TV Network
- ESPN Sports
- Fox Broadcasting Network - Fox News Network, Fox Investigative Team
- BET -Black Entertainment Network
- Disney World
- King World Production - The Dr. Phil Show
- RCA Records, BMG Records, Arista Records,
- Viacom Radio Networks
- Westwood One Radio Networks
- ABC Television - Regis and Kelly, Good Morning America
- Al Roker Productions
- Fort Production
- Empire Sports Networks