In accordance with the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, and Oswego County Health Department, SUNY Oswego is operating with the following quarantine and isolation protocols in place. Please follow CDC Guidelines on Quarantine and Isolation.
As of August 11, 2022, the CDC issued revised guidance regarding quarantine. Individuals with a known exposure to COVID no longer need to quarantine regardless of vaccination status. They should wear a mask for ten (10) days and monitor for symptoms. If feeling unwell, they should test or visit their health care provider. It is also recommended that exposed asymptomatic individuals test on day six (6). For more information, visit the CDC website.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 (PCR/saliva, antigen, or at-home testing) must:
- Isolate for five (5) days, where day zero (0) is the day of symptom onset or (if asymptomatic) the day of collection of the first positive specimen (positive test).
- Students who test positive (asymptomatic and symptomatic) will isolate in their assigned room for five (5) days. Students in isolation should utilize sick tray meals available in the dining halls as outlined in the Sick Tray Policy in the Resident Student Handbook. At the end of five (5) days of isolation, students may return to class but must continue to wear their masks at all times through day ten (10), including while in their room except to eat, sleep and shower. If the individual is still symptomatic after 5 days of isolation (e.g., if experiencing a fever or other symptoms have not improved), isolation will be extended to 10 days. Individuals will continue to isolate as needed medically and until symptoms have resolved, and must continue to wear a well-fitting mask at all times except to eat, sleep and shower.
- Students may be relocated to a temporary assignment in a residence hall, as needed, at the direction of Health Services staff.
- If symptoms develop in an asymptomatic person, the 5-day isolation period starts over again with the date of symptoms as day 0.
- Testing to end isolation is not required.
Self-Reporting: Students who test positive with an at home test can upload their test results (containing name, date of birth, time and date of test, and SUNY Oswego ID) to the Medicat Patient Portal through Health Services.
If you need an isolation affirmation form and have not received one please download and complete this self-attestation form.
New York State follows the CDC guidelines for Isolation and Quarantine requirements. For more information, visit the CDC website.
Questions? Email [email protected] if you have any questions or seek additional information.