What is a Success Coach?
First-Year Success Coaches are upper-division students who help incoming students as they are transitioning from high school to college. They're responsible for meeting with students in a variety of settings to help them navigate the campus, make healthy choices, and make lasting friendships. Our coaches:
- Serve as guides to help students pursue holistic academic and personal wellness
- Promote social wellbeing, student involvement, and skills development
- Enrich the connections of Oswego students to each other, the college, and the campus
- Meet with small groups of assigned students and facilitate discussions
- Accompany students to in-person and virtual campus events, speakers, and performances
Any first-year student can meet with a coach during drop-in hours. Stop by with your questions about getting involved, study tips, places to get help on campus, the best dining hall meals... anything! Stay for five minutes or stay for 20. We have been where you are and are here to help!
Check back in August to see the fall 2021 schedule!
Become a Success Coach!
Do you want to become more involved in the campus? Do you have leadership qualities that can help first-year students to navigate the campus, build skills, and make healthy choices? Then a Success Coach role would be a great fit!