Skip to main content

Transferring Credit

Applicants who have earned more than 11 credit hours at another college or university, following completion of their high school diploma or its equivalent, will be considered for admission as transfer students.

Credit Basics

If a student has completed the SUNY General Education or the equivalent of SUNY GER then they are exempt from Oswego's specific general education requirements. To learn more about SUNY's General Education requirements please click here.

Course Equivalencies

The Undergraduate Transfer Guide allows first year transfer students to get an idea of how courses taken at their previous institution (SUNY and non-SUNY) may transfer to SUNY Oswego. This guide is for planning purposes only and does not substitute for an official evaluation, which can be requested through the Admissions Office.


Articulation Agreements

SUNY Oswego partners with many colleges across New York State to ensure transfer students with an Associate's Degree have a successful and seamless transition to Oswego through our Dual Enrollment, General and program-specific agreements. These articulation agreements allow you to see how courses you've taken will translate to credit at SUNY Oswego.