My research focuses on the derivation of machine-readable policy for computer and network security. We have applied a variety of machine learning and data mining techniques to derive network polices for intrusion detection. I have recently begun collaborating with Elisa Bertino and her students to extend the techniques to the monitor database system queries.
- computer and network security
- software engineering
- data mining
- computer science education
- James P. Early and Carla E. Brodley, "Behavioral Features for Network Anomaly Detection" in Machine Learning and Data Mining for Computer Security. Marcus A. Maloof, Editor. Springer, London. 2005
- James P. Early, Carla E. Brodley, and Catherine Rosenburg, "Behavioral Authentication of Server Flows".Proceedings of the 19th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference. Las Vegas, NV. December 2003.
- Eric Bryant, James P. Early, Rajeev Gopalakrishna, Gregory Roth, Eugene Spafford, Keith Watson, Paul Williams, and Scott Yost, "Poly 2 Paradigm: A Secure Network Service Architecture". Proceedings of the 19th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference. Las Vegas, NV. December 2003.