WHERE DO I START?
Step 1. If applicable, discuss your Quest contribution with your advisor/mentor.
Step 2. Find out who is your departmental Quest rep (see the list below) and contact that person to learn more about the submission process.
Step 3. Run all of your submission materials by your mentor and submit your information on time (see schedule below).
Step 4. Submit your poster for free printing on time (see directions and schedule below).
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2022?
- A hybrid event on April 6th: events will be in-person with Zoom links available for additional attendance; you will share your presentation from the podium while audio, you, and room will be captured using a HuddleCam; the Zoom session will be provided to you- you must not create your own; by default, Zoom sessions will be recorded and archived unless specified otherwise upon submission
- Submissions to departmental reps will open on February 21st and close on March 7th via Google forms
- Departmental representatives will provide data to Quest organizers on March 11th via Google forms
- The schedule will be published on March 21st; users will be able to sort it by subject, time, and presenter
- Posters may be submitted for printing (at no cost) no later than March 28th; you can print it at your own cost after this date.
You Will be Asked to Submit the Following Information:
- Submission Type (e.g., a poster or a talk)
- Presenter(s)/Author Name(s) (full formal First and Last name)
- Mentor/Sponsor Name (full formal First and Last name)
- Title (check with mentor)
- Abstract (under 250 words; please ask mentor to edit)
- Description/Accommodations/Needs/Special Requests
Quest 2022 Reps:
|Anthropology||Alanna Ossa||[email protected]|
|Art||Ben Entner||[email protected]|
|Atmospheric and Geological Sciences (Geology)||Justin Stroup||[email protected]|
|Biological Sciences||Paula Fredette||[email protected]|
|Biomedical and Health Informatics||Isabelle Bichindaritz||[email protected]|
|Chemistry||Kristin Gublo||[email protected]|
|Communication Studies||Serenity Sutherland||[email protected]|
|Computer Science||Jae Woong||[email protected]|
|Counseling and Psychological Services||Tiphanie Gonzalez||[email protected]|
|Criminal Justice||Jeremy Shifton||[email protected]|
|Curriculum and Instruction||Amanda Fenlon||[email protected]|
|Economics||David Andrews||[email protected]|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||Sungeun Kim||[email protected]|
|English and Creative Writing||Bethany Arcuri <[email protected]>||[email protected]|
|EXCEL: Experiential Courses and Engaged Learning||Sheila Cooley||[email protected]|
|Extended Learning Division||Melissa Semione||[email protected]|
|Gender and Women's Studies||Joanna Goplen||[email protected]|
|Global Studies||Stephen Rosow||[email protected]|
|Health Promotion and Wellness||Jessica Harris||[email protected]|
|History||Lyn Blanchfield||[email protected]|
|Human Development||Rebecca Burch||[email protected]|
|Library||Zachary Vickery||[email protected]|
|Linguistics Program||Taylor Miller||[email protected]|
|Mathematics||Rasika Churchill||[email protected]|
|Modern Languages and Literatures||Brenda Farnham||[email protected]|
|Music||Juliet Forshaw||[email protected]|
|Office of Diversity and Inclusion||Anneke McEvoy||[email protected]|
|Office of International Education and Programs||Joshua McKeown||[email protected]|
|Philosophy||Craig DeLancey||[email protected]|
|Physics||Shashi Kanbur||[email protected]|
|Political Science||Allison Rank||[email protected]|
|Psychology||Gilian Tenbergen||[email protected]|
|School of Business||Kristin Sotak||[email protected]|
|School of Education Teacher Opportunity Corps II (SOE Field Placement Office)||Nichole Brown||[email protected]|
|Sociology||Evelyn Benavides||[email protected]|
|Syracuse Campus||Ryan Lynn||[email protected]|
|Technology||Rich Bush||[email protected]|
|Theatre||Toby Malone||[email protected]|
How to submit a poster:
1) Work with your mentor, carefully edit the content of your poster, and ask you mentor to proof if.
2) 36 inch high, 48 inch wide posters are recommended but smaller posters are allowed and encouraged.
3) To submit your finalized pdf, use this link
The below is applicable ONLY if in-person events are canceled.
all zoom links will be provided by the quest team - no need to create your own.
Instructions for finding poster breakout rooms can be found in the faq below
All required Zoom links will be provided by the Quest Team. You do not need to setup your own Zoom link.
Poster sessions will take place from 12:30 - 2pm. The finalized Quest schedule will be posted to the Attendify App including the presentation time for each poster. The schedule will include the "Break Out Room" assignment for each poster as well as the Zoom link associated with that room.
When it is time to present, login to the Zoom link shown with the poster's break out room.
Presenters will stay in the break out room for the duration of the session while viewers enter and exit. Presenters should be ready to share the poster with participants and direct them to other supplemental materials that can be made available by uploading them for inclusion in the presenter's Attendify profile. Materials will be collected through an email sent to all presenters or you can Upload your Materials here. If you need to send other files or update your files, please contact [email protected]. Participants can verbally ask questions within the break out session or engage through the chat function. Poster session break out rooms will not be recorded.
Please use the Zoom link for the poster session listed in the program on Attendify.
When you are in the general Zoom room for the poster session, click on "Breakout Rooms." Note, if you don't see Breakout Rooms at the bottom of your Zoom window, click the three dots over the word More. If that doesn't reveal Breakout Rooms as an option then you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Zoom
Click on Breakout Rooms and you will see a list of the rooms you can join. The name of the poster is the name of the room. Select the name of the poster you are presenting/interested in seeing to enter the Breakout Room.
For a live presentation, you can use whatever format you are comfortable with and is compatible with your computer.
When it comes to uploading to Attendify and Oswego's Digital Library for archiving, please upload a PDF (poster without recorded narration) or MOV (poster with recorded narration).
The Quest conference program will be available within the Attendify App. The app allows conference participants to explore the program, access materials and build a schedule for the day. The program will have time slots and Zoom links for each individual session.
Quest participants are encouraged to create profiles within the app and will be prompted by email to attach any materials (Word docs, PDF, PowerPoint) to their profiles that they intend to share with conference participants You can also upload your files here.
1. Access the program in Attendify. Attendify has a Desktop Interface and a mobile app. Login to the Desktop Interface here. Or, download the app here.
2. Create a profile within the app (add a picture, your bio or link to your social media accounts)
3. Upload any materials associated with your Quest presentations including papers, PDFs or PowerPoint (an email prompting this action will be sent to each presenter). Or you can upload your files here.
4. Search the program and build your schedule for the day. Note, the schedule feature is only available on mobile. Bookmark your presentation or the presentations you'd like to see and even set a reminder. View your bookmarked presentations to view your "schedule."
For non-poster presentations, the Quest Session Chair will have the role of welcoming attendees to that session, introducing the presenters, moderating Q&A and making sure the session runs on time.
For poster presentations, the Quest Session Chair will not be in the breakout room with each individual poster presenter. Instead the Session Chair will be available during the duration of the poster time window and can direct attendees to the appropriate poster breakout room as needed.
Quest will not use the Webinar format which prevents viewer participation. Quest 2021 will use the standard Zoom feature allowing viewers to ask questions or enter questions into the chat function.
- The Zoom links allow for all guests (the login authentication is disabled for all sessions).
- The Chat function enabled.
- Guests are muted upon entry
- Presenters can share screens
- Waiting rooms are disabled
- Sessions will auto-record and send file to cloud.
- There are no time limits
It is easy to check for Zoom updates.
- Just sign into your zoom account on your desktop client
- Click on your profile picture.
- Click “Check for updates”.
- If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it. (Note: If you do not see Breakout Rooms as an option at the bottom of your Zoom screen then you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Zoom.)