SUNY Oswego's music program, which offers bountiful hands-on learning opportunities, is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
Through its four components—music history and literature, music theory, applied studio study, and ensemble performance—it provides both music and non-music majors with many opportunities to study and perform. Aspects of music that students can explore through our program include:
- improving instrumental or vocal skills
- performing with ensembles and groups
- composing music
- exploring audio production and technology
- learning music theory and literature
- attending a wide variety of concerts throughout the year