Most of our desktop computers are located on the first floor, in the following spaces:
- 24/7 Computer Lab: we have a dedicated computer lab area, which is part of the 24-Hour Room. This space has both PC & Mac desktop computers. If you need access to the lab after the library has closed, make sure to bring your ID so you can get into the lab.
- Main Area: when you enter through the library's main entrance, you'll see a wide open area with the Check-Out & Reserves Desk, the Research Help Desk, etc. There are several PCs throughout this space.
For information about what software and apps are installed on campus lab computers, visit the CTS Lab Software page.
You can check out a PC laptop or Chromebook at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk.
- You can use the laptop anywhere in the library building—this includes spaces like the Lake Effect Café and the Writing Center. However, our laptops are not permitted outside of the building.
- You can check-out laptops for 3 hours at a time. If no one is waiting for a laptop, you can renew it.
In addition to laptops, we have chargers, graphing calculators, webcams, DSLR cameras, and other equipment available to borrow.
Multimedia Production Rooms
The Library has two rooms with special hardware and software for recording and editing audio / video. Learn more about our multimedia production rooms and make a reservation below.
Scanning, Copying, & Printing
We have two scanning stations on the first floor, where you can scan documents to print (i.e. making a copy), e-mail, Google drive, or thumb drive. The stations are located on either side of the first floor, near the entrances to the computer lab and the Office of Learning Services.
LakerPrint is the student print system on campus.
Analog to Digital Conversion
Do you have a vinyl record, VHS tape, or other media that needs to be converted to a digital format? If so, we have a number of tools to help you.
Faxing is available during most of our open hours and is free at this time. Please call ahead to ensure that a staff member is available to process your request.
- Sending a Fax: Penfield Library is not responsible for faxes that are not received. We recommend contacting the recipient to ensure their fax machine is in the ready mode.
- Receiving a Fax: The number for this service is 315-312-3194. Faxes that are not picked up after 10 days will be discarded.