Effective January 1, 2021
Applicants to the MBA program may be eligible for a GMAT waiver if any of the conditions below are met. Please note, that a GMAT waiver is not a guarantee of admission to the MBA program. All required application components, such as foundational coursework, letters of recommendation, personal essays/statements, work experience and interviews will be thoroughly evaluated to determine if a student is accepted into the MBA program.
GMAT Waivers are available for:
- Applicants designated as Presidential Scholars as freshman admits, who maintain the Presidential Scholar GPA requirements, as confirmed in the SUNY Oswego student record system, at the time of application to the graduate segment of the 5 year BS/BA/MBA program in Accounting, Broadcast/Mass Communication or Psychology.
- Applicants who are transfer students from two year institutions who have demonstrated academic and leadership excellence with documented membership in the Phi Theta Kappa honor society at the time of application to the 5 year BS/BA/MBA program for Accounting, Broadcast/Mass Communication or Psychology.
- Applicants who have earned a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school.
- Applicants who have earned a professional license, such as a CPA (as confirmed by the state’s licensing authority) that requires at least 25 hours of additional coursework beyond the undergraduate level.
- Applicants who are matriculated undergraduate students at SUNY Oswego who have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater through the completion of junior year.
- Applicants who have fully completed Oswego’s Nursing Home Administration License Advanced Graduate Certificate with a 3.0 or greater GPA.
- Applicants who are approved members of one time specialized cohorts created with Oswego stakeholders who meet required aggregated GPA and work experience requirements that align with the cohort program design.