Payment, Fees & Tuition Liability
- Bills are sent to your SUNY Oswego Email.
- Please make sure to pay your bill or make payment arrangements (financial aid or payment plan) by the date shown in order to retain your seat in the course.
- If you do not pay your bill, you will be automatically deregistered. Payment plans are available for both Winter and Summer Session courses. Please contact the Student Accounts Office to make arrangements.
- Payments are due as follows: ⅓ due 12 days before 1st class - ⅓ due day of 1st class - ⅓ due end of the session - expectations apply.
- Some courses have additional fees. Information can be found by clicking on a specific course title in Course Availability. The “Class Details” screen will appear; click on “Fees” for information pertaining to your course. MAT 158 is an example of a course with additional fees. If I drop a course, there may be financial liability for tuition and fees.
- The Student Accounts Withdrawal and Drops webpage identifies the financial liability and is based on the date you drop the course. This is a sliding scale based on the duration of the course (3-week, 6-week, etc.)
According to State University Administrative Policies, students who are given permission to cancel their registration shall be liable for payment of tuition in accordance with the following schedule. Saturday is deemed to be the end of each week for refund purposes:
Liability during indicated week
|LENGTH OF TERM||FIRST||SECOND||THIRD||FOURTH||FIFTH|
|Semester 15-16 wk||0%||30%||50%||70%||100%|
|12-13 wk term||0%||40%||60%||100%|
|1/4 or 10 wk term||0%||50%||70%||100%|
|9 wk term||0%||55%||75%||100%|
|8 wk term||0%||60%||80%||100%|
|7 wk term||0%||65%||100%|
|6 wk term||0%||70%||100%|
|5 wk term||0%||75%||100%|
|FIRST WEEK||SECOND WEEK|
|LENGTH OF TERM||2ND DAY OF CLASS||REMAINDER OF FIRST WEEK||STARTING 2ND WEEK|
|4 wk term||0%||50%||100%|
|3 wk term||0%||65%||100%|
|2 wk term||0%||80%||100%|
|1 wk term||100%|
Textbook information can be found by clicking on a specific course title in Course Availability. The “Class Details” screen will appear; click on “Bookstore Links” and then “Follett Bookstore” for information about textbooks for your class.
Taking More Than One Course
Overload guidance can be found on the Forms page of the Registration and Records (Registrar’s Office) website. Non-matriculated/non-degree students can send their requests to [email protected] / [email protected]
Accessing an Online Course
You will be able to access your online course during the week prior to the course start date. You will receive an email one week prior to the course start and on the first day of the course to remind you that your online course will open shortly or is starting. Your course is located at: oswego.open.suny.edu — Follow the on-screen directions to access your course. If you have difficulty logging into Blackboard please call the SUNY Oswego Help Desk at 315-312-3456.
Dropping a Course
You may drop a course yourself through your myOswego account at any time before or during the session dates of your course. You may NOT drop a course after the last date of the course has passed. Note: The drop date will determine your financial liability for the course.
The date that grades will be posted will be shown on the main page of the Registration and Records (Registrar’s Office) website. Students access term grades using the View Grades link or the Academic Transcript link on the Student Profile (Student Records tab) in myOswego.
Students cannot withdraw from summer or winter sessions, students can drop a course on their own through the first day of class. After the first day of class through to the last day of the class, a student may drop a course with instructor permission. There is no academic penalty for dropping a course in summer and winter sessions and the courses do not show on a transcript if they are dropped.