Penfield Library's Archives & Special Collections unit focuses on collecting, preserving, and providing access to materials about the culture and history of SUNY Oswego, Oswego County, and New York State.
Archives & Special Collections is open Thursdays, 1:30pm to 4pm or by appointment. Please contact us to set up an appointment.
The College Archives contains materials that are about SUNY Oswego, from its founding to today. We have both physical and digital collections within the Archives. Here are a few things you might find in the Archives:
- Edward Sheldon's death mask
- Articles, book chapters, and other publications written by faculty members
- Student publications like the Great Lake Review
- College yearbooks
- Videorecordings of commencement ceremonies
Our Special Collections are primarily focused on Oswego, Oswego County, and surrounding areas. However, we also have some other unique items! Here are a few things you might find in Special Collections:
- Rare books
- A selection of Millard Fillmore's papers
- Oral histories from people housed at the Fort Ontario Emergency Refugee Shelter during World War II