Grants of up to $500 each will be awarded to faculty and professional staff each spring for selection of materials supporting professional development, scholarly activity, program/course curriculum needs, or student success.
All material will become part of the Penfield Library Collection and receive a bookplate with awardee name, department, and year grant was issued.
This program is funded through the New York State Coordinated Collection Development Aid grant.
All full- and part-time faculty and professional staff are eligible for grants, regardless of whether or not you have received a library grant previously.
Applications will be evaluated for:
- Completeness of application.
- Impact in supporting the university and its strategic initiatives.
- Publication dates of materials within the last five years.
- If you request something older, please provide justification.
- Priority will be given to:
- Materials supporting new programs/courses.
- Achieving a representative mix of the many departments of SUNY Oswego among the grant recipients.
Applications are due Friday, March 10, by 5pm. Use the form below to apply.
This program is funded through the New York State Coordinated Collection Development Aid Grant, which requires that materials we purchase are available for resource sharing. As a result, we cannot order:
- Multiple copies of a single item
- Traditional textbooks
- VHS tapes
- Streaming video
- Download files (PDF, video, etc.)
Please contact your department / major's librarian with any questions.