If you feel that a charge on your library account is unjustified, you can appeal it by filling out this form.
Before You Appeal
Please review Penfield's borrowing information page before you submit your appeal.
We generally do not consider the following reasons valid for canceling or reducing charges:
- You were unaware of the library's fee policy.
- You disagree with the library's fee policy.
- You loaned the item(s) to someone else.
- You didn't receive a reminder e-mail from the library.
- Another user was not waiting for the item(s) you had checked out.
- You forgot the due date.
- You were out of town (due to class or semester breaks) or unable to get to campus (car problems, etc.).
- You had exams or assignments due.
What To Expect When You Appeal
Your appeal will be carefully reviewed. Most reviews are completed within 5 business days. We will email you the outcome of your appeal. If you have questions about the outcome, please email the library director ([email protected]).
If your account charges are above $25, a hold will be placed on your library account, and you will not be able to check out library materials. However, you can request a temporary override by emailing the Check-Out & Reserves Desk ([email protected]) after you have submitted your appeal.
Library account holds will not prevent you from registering, receiving grades, etc.