Weekly COVID surveillance testing is available for all asymptomatic SUNY Oswego students and employees at the Syracuse Campus.
Free Surveillance (Saliva Swab) Testing
Free surveillance testing is available for students and employees who are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (asymptomatic), have not tested positive within 90 days, and are not in quarantine or isolation.
- Students: must make an appointment for testing. You will receive a confirmation email with additional information and details.
- Employees: arrive at your convenience at any time during the scheduled testing date and time listed below
- SUNY Upstate will submit a claim to your health insurance provider but will not bill any student or employee if the claim is denied or partially covered. SUNY Oswego will pay any remaining balance.
Location: Room 129 at the Syracuse Campus (2 Clinton Square, Syracuse 13202)
- Thursday, March 4, 2021, 3 - 5 pm
- Thursday, March 11, 2021, 3 - 5 pm
- Thursday, March 18, 2021, 3 - 5 pm
- Thursday, March 25, 2021, 3 - 5 pm
Prior to Testing
- Prior to your appointment please watch this How to Swab video on how to take a saliva test.
- If you have not tested at Oswego, login to register your SUNY COVID Test account before your appointment. You will need your SUNY Oswego campus ID card (institutional ID) and insurance card. Students should always include their local address.
- Please bring your smartphone, wear a face mask, and bring your campus ID number and insurance provider information (name, policy # and phone number of provider).
- Do not eat or drink, smoke or use smokeless tobacco products within 30 minutes of taking the test.
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash within three (3) hours of taking the test.
- All students and employees who take a COVID-19 saliva test on campus after February, 1, 2021 (beginning of weekly surveillance testing) will receive an email from the campus within 2 to 5 days indicating their result if their pool is "presumed negative." All individuals in a positive pool will receive their individual result directly from SUNY Upstate, likely 3 to 6 days after testing.
- Employee Health Insurance Contact Information - Human Resources
If you have more specific questions, contact [email protected].