After completing pre-arrival baseline testing at the beginning of the semester SUNY Oswego will conduct surveillance testing throughout the semester for asymptomatic students and employees.
Free Surveillance (Saliva Swab) Testing
Free surveillance testing is available for students and employees who are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (asymptomatic), have not tested positive in the last 90 days, and are not in quarantine or isolation. The Lee Hall COVID Testing Center is staffed by professionals and staff who provide testing Monday through Friday.
- Testing is by appointment only. Students and employees will be tested separately.
- SUNY Upstate will submit a claim to your health insurance provider but will not bill any student or employee if the claim is denied or partially covered. SUNY Oswego will pay any remaining balance.
Prior to Testing
- Prior to your appointment please watch this How to Swab video on how to take a saliva test.
- Please also log in to register your SUNY COVID Test account, before your appointment. You will need your SUNY Oswego campus ID card (institutional ID) and insurance card. Students should always include their local (campus or Oswego) address.
- Please bring your smartphone, wear a face mask, and bring your campus ID and health insurance card.
- Do not eat or drink, smoke or use smokeless tobacco products within 30 minutes of taking the test.
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash within three (3) hours of taking the test.
- The testing process will take about 20 minutes.
- All students and employees who take a COVID-19 saliva test on campus after February, 1, 2021 (beginning of weekly surveillance testing) will receive an email from the campus within 2 to 5 days indicating their result if their pool is "presumed negative." All individuals in a positive pool will receive their individual result directly from SUNY Upstate, likely 3 to 6 days after testing.
- Employee Health Insurance Contact Information - Human Resources
If you have more specific questions, contact [email protected].