The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) represents an excellent option for candidates applying to any of the hundreds of graduate programs that accept MAT scores for admission. Many graduate schools accept MAT in lieu of the GRE or GMAT exams. Please research requirements for the school you intend to apply to.
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, testing is only available to SUNY Oswego students.
- The MAT is a high-level mental ability test requiring the solution of problems stated as analogies.
- Performance on the MAT is designed to reflect candidates’ analytical thinking, an ability that is critical for success in both graduate school and professional life.
- Through analogies with content from various academic subjects, MAT scores help graduate schools identify candidates whose knowledge and abilities go beyond mere memorizing and repeating information.
- The analytical skills measured by the MAT are key to success in graduate school and are highly valued by graduate programs.
- For more than 50 years, the MAT has proven to be a reliable and valid test for assessing candidates for graduate school.
- Predictive validity studies conducted by Pearson and by independent researchers have shown positive correlations between MAT scores and subsequent success in graduate programs.