- Various Middle and High School sites
- Ideally, mentor at the same site for the full academic year
- Good academic standing (at least 2.0 GPA)
- All majors & undergraduate levels (freshmen-senior)
- Interview + instructor approval required
- Must enroll in GST 311 for 1 cr / sem
- Leadership experience in GST 312 for highly qualified returning mentors
Focus Forward is a year-long commitment. Students must be available during one of these sites for the entire Fall semester. Should you have a class conflict in the Spring semester, we will do our best to place you at another site based on your availability. If you have any questions about site selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday: 2:15-3:45 pm - 7th & 8th grade - Fulton Junior High School
- Tuesday: 3:00-4:30 pm - 9-11th grade - Red Creek High School
- Wednesday: 12:30-2:00 pm - 9-12th grade - CiTi (BOCES)
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 12:35-1:40 pm - 9th-12th grade - CITI CRE
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:40-10:55 am - 9-12th grade - CITI CARE
Mentors must complete an application and interview in order to participate in the program. Once accepted, mentors must also enroll in GST 311.
To earn course credit, mentors must participate in mentoring sessions and discussion-based classes each semester. In preparation for class, mentors read and reflect on scholarly articles related to mentoring, while the classes provide an opportunity to discuss successes and challenges, and receive support from peers and the program coordinators.