SUNY Oswego will hold its 160th Commencement this May to celebrate the graduating Class of 2021.
The college is planning to host the following in-person Commencement ceremonies this May in the Convocation Hall Arena in the Marano Campus Center:
- Friday, May 14, 2021 – 7 to 8 p.m. (Dedicated to post Master’s certificate of advanced study, master’s degree and the graduate certificate candidates)
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 – 9 to 10 a.m.
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 – Noon to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 – 3 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 – 7 to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 16, 2021 – 9 to 10 a.m.
- Sunday, May 16, 2021 – Noon to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, May 16, 2021 – 3 to 4 p.m.
Guest Requirements and Ceremony Information
It's your student's big day and we are excited that each graduate will be allowed up to two (2) guests to attend their in-person Commencement ceremony. For important information and requirements related to guest attendance please visit the Guests webpage. Please remember, the presence of guests at each ceremony, are dependent on New York State health, safety and capacity guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Student Ceremony Information
Students can find the graduate's checklist and important instructions for arrival, check-in, what to bring to the ceremony, and additional information to help to ensure that all required health and safety guidelines are followed.
Health and Safety
- Each ceremony will be held in accordance with New York State Health and Safety Guidelines and indoor capacity guidelines (maximum of 150 participants) to ensure the safety of all participants.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of a positive COVID test or test negative before Commencement.
Guests, please visit the Guest page for more information
Graduates, please see step 5 on the Graduate's Checklist for more information
- All participants must wear a face mask regardless of testing or vaccination history.
- Each ceremony will be no more than 60 minutes in length and will provide adequate time for participants to safely enter and exit venue, and for adequate cleaning and 100% air exchange between ceremonies.
- All graduates in attendance will have assigned seats that are socially distanced (e.g., six feet apart). There will not be a formal lineup nor procession in an effort to avoid crowding.